A number of individuals and institutions have donated books and book shelves to
the LBU Library. We thank all of them for their valuable contributions to enrich
- The Soka Gakkai International (Nepal Chapter) has donated eighty volumes of books
on Buddhism and other related subjects in January 2011.
- Mr. Ratna Bahadur Shrestha has donated 109 books mostly written on religion and
philosophy in January 2011. Earlier, he had also donated 100 volumes of books to
the LBU Library.
- Happy Science - Nepal, a Japanese Religious Organization, has donated fi ve book
shelves and 103 books on different aspects of Buddhism to the LBU Library in February
- World Without Anger (WWA), a NGO, has donated 40 Vols of books on Buddhism to the
LBU Library. Mr. Dean Van Levein, the Patron of WWA, was most instrumental in raising
the fund for donation. The donation was equivalent to US $ 550 and
- Vipasyana Kendra of Nepal has donated 81 volumes of Pali Tripitaka and some other
books on Buddhism to the LBU library.
- Mr. Panchabir Singh Tuladhar a Buddhist practitioner and businessman from Kathmandu donated a Buddha
image of 4 ft. height for the central campus of LBU. He also donated a sum of NPR 100 thousand for fix
deposition in the bank in the name of his late wife Pushpa Devi Tuladhar to establishing scholarship
in the Central Campus.
- Venerable monk Mettaya has granted an amount of NPR 8 thousand as
scholarships to distribute among two students (one girl and one boys studying in MA fi rst year in LBU.
- Western Nepal Cement Producers Association (led by Bidur Prasad Dhungana, student of MA 2nd Year and the General Manager of Jagadamba Cement Industry, Bhairahawa) has also donated NPR 100 thousand to Central Campus of LBU.
- Padma Sunder Shakya a resident of Bhaktapur has awarded a cash prize of ten thousand to Sharada Poudel, the first Ph. D. holder of Lumbini University
Sri Lankan Minister Donating Encyclopaedia
Various persons have shown their good will to Lumbini Buddhist University by donating
books on diff erent aspects of Buddhism.
( Sri Lankan Minister Donating Encyclopaedia )
- More than 100 books on history and culture, specially related to Buddhist Archaeology,
from the collection of Late Babu Krishna Rijal have been donated to LBU by Mrs.
- 100 Books on diff erent aspects of Buddhism specially the Tibetan Buddhism have
been donated to LBU by Mr. Ratna Shrestha, a bookseller from Th amel, Kathmandu.
- Fifty-Six hardbound volumes of Tripitaka written in Devanagari script have been
handed over to LBU by Mr. Bekha Ratna Shakya, a former Mayor of Lalitpur Municipality.
- More than 50 books on diff erent aspects of Buddhism have been donated to LBU by
Mr. Min Bahadur Shakya, Director of Nagarjuna Institute of Exact Method and member
of the Academic Council of LBU.
- Few books on diff erent aspects of Buddhism have been donated by Ven. Sangharakshita
- Hon. Anurapriyadarshana Yapa, Minister of Environment and Natural Resources of Sri
Lanka, University Council Meeting handed over sixteen volumes of Encyclopaedia of
Buddhism to the Vice Chancellor of LBU at a function held at Lotus Research Centre,
Lalitpur, on 17th September 2010. Hon. Anurapriyadarshana Yapa has expressed his
satisfaction in providing the Encyclopaedia as a gift from his country to the Lumbini
Buddhist University. Th e Ambassador of Sri Lanka to Nepal H.E. Th osapala Hewage
expressed his desire to support LBU in every possible ways. Th e Vice Chancellor
expressed his gratitude to the Sri Lankan Minister and the Ambassador for their
valuable gift to the LBU Library. Th e Encyclopaedia of Buddhism has been considered
to be a most comprehensive and classic work on Buddhism.